What we offer:
The Nevada CARES team can provide your department, agency, club, organization, student group, or classroom with a training/workshop that is suited specifically to your needs.
Whether you have 5 minutes or 5 hours we can provide you with what you are looking for regarding information around consent, sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, and stalking.
Some trainings/workshops that you can request are, but are not limited to:
- Consent and Pizza: A discussion on what consent looks like that is fun and engaging (1 hour)
- Party with a Purpose: A discussion on bystander awareness and making sure everyone around you is safe and taken care of (1 hour)
- What is Sexual Assault: Learn more about the law, resources, consent, and statistics (1 hour)
- In Their Shoes: An interactive simulation of what a survivor of dating/domestic violence experiences which helps address the common question of “why do they stay?” (1.5 hours)
Some topics that can be covered in 5-30 minutes:
- The basics of consent/sexual assault/dating and domestic violence/stalking
- Resources on and off campus
- How to help a friend
- How to get involved
- What the university is doing to address these issues